Sunday, September 2, 2007

Roadtrip to WI/MN






What takes 10 days, a Motorhome, 2 harleys, and alot of patience? Driving cross country to visit family in Wisconsin and Minnesota.



What a trip, riding those harleys though the green farmland, swatting at bees (never have seen so many in one place before), and watching the beer flow like water was really great fun.


Here is a pix of two of my nieces LeeAnn, Joni and I. I am the short one in the orange shirt! The little one in the black shirt is my great niece Gracie (LeeAnn's daughter).

The pix of my Tom (hubby) Turkey and I (the Diva) at the Minnesota State Fair Turkey pavillion.

Then there are two little turkeys my great nieces, Ashley & Kayla right before we went on some awesome crazy rides at the midway. What a great trip!

Well we are home safe and sound, 2900 miles, and $585 in diesel fuel later, but we had a blast. We even survived two tornado warnings. What is it about us? Last time we went to California we survived two earthquakes. Is mother nature tapping on our door??? I think not...just a coincidence, but food for thought!

I weighed in the day before I left for vacation and was 133.4# so 1.6# below goal.

Then on vacation I went to a cnter in Woodbury, MN with my sister and almost had a stroke when I stepped on the scale. 140.2#. I hope to hell their scale needs calibration, but I was feeling a bit irregular so could be retaining water. I did eat well and track my food on vacation, but...everything in farm country seemed to be dripping with butter or beer, so maybe it got me.

I will have three days to get back on track, drink tons of water, and eat my own cooking, so I will let you know how my weigh in goes this week weds. This is my 19th week on maintenance, and except for this little vacation anomaly I have never been more than 136# since making my goal on April 25th. So needless to say I was a bit shocked, but regardless I will be fine. I tend to use my clothes as more of a measure than the scale, so no worries....my size 4 skinny pants are still loose, so I am betting that their scale needs calibration!

Am I paranoid? You bet! I worked too hard to slip, and nothing tastes as good as the pounds I lost.

Peace all....


No comments: